Monday, October 25, 2010

Everyone sways over Vijay's song !

The affable Vijay Yesudas has the whole country swaying to his dreamy hinglish song, I'll Be Waiting... 
Vijay Yesudas might be a father of a two-year-old kid, but his enthusiasm and zest for life seems like one of a 10-year-old. Amidst all the crackles and laughter, TOI caught up with this handsome crooner on the 
Rahman experience, debut on silver screen and lots more...

Jootha Hi Sahi... 
It was almost like a surprise party sprung on me when I was called at 1 am to sing this song. It's a different kind of rush when you get called to sing for Rahman. We began recording at 4 am and I was shocked at how fresh and awake my voice was at that wee hour. A very 
Frank Sinatra, Jim Reeves-like love ballad, we hardly hear such tunes these days in pop music. Abbasji patiently gave me a word-by-word translation which made a difference to my rendition. Around four-ish, Rahman sir arrived and from then on, it was a dream-like magical journey for the next two hours. It was just me and him. It was a feeling of trance. And I truly thank Abbasji and Rahman sir for giving me this beautiful song.

Silver screen experience 
With the marketing and publicity of the film, Avan, the audience were misled that I was the hero. I'm not taking a plunge into acting. I'm a huge fan of the cinema industry as a whole. The camera and its magic, background scores and musicians, and all the effort that goes into making a movie has always fascinated me. Hence, I've always wanted to feel what it was like to be in front of the camera delivering dialogues. When I was offered the role of a singer, the character didn't have much complexity, and it was more of an extended guest role. My father singing for me in this movie was the highlight. From then, I have received a few offers, which I have not been able to accept, thanks to my music keeping me busy!


Having a legend for a father 
...is nothing but a blessing. The ups and downs of it is something that I'll be more than happy to live with all my life.


A crazy Superstar fan... 
Nothing can ever beat that for me (He's even called thala by his fans). Watching him and his movies were a part of my growing years. Endhiran is something I'm riding on for the past few weeks. First, I saw it in Chennai with my friends. Then, it was at 
Dubai with my family specially, Ammeya, as it was her first feature film. Third, I saw it in London alone — at a theatre in Essex. And my fourth, hopefully not last, was in the US. I'm gunning for a fifth time and fifth country, fingers crossed!

Colleagues in the industry... 
My all time favourite singers are P Susheela amma and Sujatha. To who suits me the best, it has to be my dear little sister, Shweta Mohan with whom I've had many hits; our combo is something that everyone seems to love. Shreya Ghoshal and Chinmayi are also my favourites. 


Read more: 
Everyone sways over Vijay's song - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Everyone-sways-over-Vijays-song/articleshow/6803613.cms#ixzz13NC00xDi

No comments:

Post a Comment