Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shweta records duet with Shreya!

The last week has been among the happiest for singer Shweta Mohan. That's because Shweta, who is the daughter of singer Sujatha, got a chance to sing with her role model, Shreya Ghoshal, on a Telugu track for none other than maestro IIlaiyaraja.

"It was a beautiful experience," she starts off, "I was always looking at how she was delivering her lines and getting her diction right and am happy that the number has come out well."

It was a challenge for the young singer to match with Shreya who's now busy in Kollywood. as well. "She motivated me a lot during the recording. Actually, I met her first at Rahman sir's studio when we were doing a song for Komaram Puli. Despite not knowing the language, she somehow gets her diction and 'feel' of the song perfectly. That's something I admire about her."
Post her much talked about marriage, it was rumoured that Shweta was settling in the US with her husband to manage his business.

"I don't know where those came from," she laughs, "I'm very much in namma Chennai and looking at singing in more projects." Her recent numbers in Ko and 180 have come in for much praise from the music fraternity. "The Amali... song in Ko was the first time I worked with Harris Jayaraj and it was a great experience," adds Shweta.

Considering that she's being much-indemand as a singer within filmi circles, does she think she poses a threat to her mom, the famous singer Sujatha? "Well, amma had stated in an interview that she's ready to compete with me. But as far as I'm concerned, I don't think I can ever be a competitor to her. She's somewhere on top...."

No comments:

Post a Comment